- Highlighted items!
- A white border on held, dropped or otherwise equipped weapons. Easier to spot on the ground or on enemies' persons.
- Makeshift weapons highlighted only when held in fighters' hands, so as to not disrupt gameplay.
- Highlighted magazines easier to notice when enemies reload a weapon.
- Primed explosives and special projectiles (arrows / rockets / GL grenades) also highlighted.
- Supply crates given a white border allowing them to be spotted easily in chaotic environments.
- Laser attachment given a border to perfectly fit* all new weapon models.
- All items customized!
- Modern weapon variants that don't feel out of place! *glares at MP50 and Tommygun*
- Consistent color palette and consistent shading make the pack look neat and tidy.
- Size adjustments - realistic melee weapon sizes, secondaries scaled to be smaller in comparison to primaries, power weapons adjusted to look bigger in comparison to weaker weapon variants, equipment and powerup sizes also tweaked.
- Melee weapon modifications:
- Chainsaw active / inactive sprites have been switched, as suggested here.
- Lead Pipe no longer disrupts the flow of time and swallows light itself; glint introduced.
- Baton and Shock Baton no longer identical models.
- ChainM now a proper pile and not... whatever it was previously.
- WhipM now looks like a weapon instead of a beehive.
- Knife shrunk to normal proportions.
- Equipment modifications:
- C4 charge no longer excessively small.
- Shuriken no longer excessively large.
- Powerup modifications:
- Abstract / syringe items are now food and drinks.
- LazerM now an actual attachment instead of some box.
- BouncingAmmoM and FireAmmoM now physical rounds.
- Streetsweepers follow a semi-realistic theme and are now armed quadcopter drones.
- All mags have been retextured and fit respective weapons. No more odd-looking weapon/mag combinations.
- Proper pickup names**; none of the "Assault Rifle" or "Light Machinegun" nonsense. Weapons represent their real-life counterparts.
- Supply crates now streamlined with a uniform color and consistent sprite.
- A selection of custom crosshairs - Circle, Chevron, Cross, 3-Post Cross, Square, Dot, and Plus-shaped.
* Due to the laser sight modification the attachment looks weird on the Bow, the Bazooka and the Flare Gun. Nothing I can fix I'm afraid.
** Custom weapon names make use of a personalized language pack that is required to be installed and selected in the options menu in order for the pickup names to display properly. It was built using the default English language pack, so custom-language users will either have to switch to English [HiLite] or apply the changes to their respective language file(s) manually.
In order for custom pickup names to be displayed the English [HiLite] language has to be selected from under Settings > Selected Language. The game may need to be restarted in order for the changes to apply properly.
Some changes to default sprite sizes have been made, this means a few weapons will clip through the fighter's legs when held (namely the Chainsaw as by default, the M249 and the AK-74M) or the ground when dropped at a certain angle (Shovel, Shock Baton, Chain, Bullwhip, Silenced USP and Micro-Uzi). A C4 Charge will slightly clip through the floor if it is laying on the ground upside down. All the powerups will look weird if flipped as none kept their original sprite size.
Installing and uninstalling HiLite is done by unpacking/removing the Content folder in/from your Documents SFD directory:
C:\ Users \ YOUR_NAME \ Documents \ Superfighters Deluxe
Additional content not pictured in the preview:
- Modified makeshift weaponry.
- Custom melee weapon debris.
- Custom supply crate parachute.
- Custom projectiles (rockets / GL grenades / arrows).
- Custom streetsweeper crate and wreckage.
- Custom crosshairs.
Thanks for downloading, as always, all constructive feedback welcome!